9th European Student Conference on Behavior & Cognition Policies
The European Student Conference on Behavior & Cognition (ESCBC) is a student-led conference that brings together BSc, MSc and PhD students working in the field of animal behavior and cognition. The event offers a platform for students to present and discuss their research findings, get exposed to the latest advancements in the field and network with peers and young Principal Investigators from across Europe.
1. Application and registration fee
By tradition, the ESCBC is free of any registration fee. Applicants are required to enroll at the conference through the form available on the registration page. Applications will open on 15th June 2023 and close on 21st July 2023. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The application is open to applicants from any relevant academic backgrounds (biology, neuroscience, psychology, veterinary, philosophy, mathematics, physics, computer science…). An email of acceptance will be sent by the ESCBC 2023 committee members within 2 weeks after the submission deadline.
20 talks and 45 poster presentations will be selected for the conference. The committee members will use the following criteria to guide their decision-making process:
- Appropriateness for the conference and scientific quality are the primary selection criteria;
- The committee members will pay particular attention to promoting diversity in academia. As such, selection will be carried out with consideration of the diversity criteria provided by applicants;
- Proposed talks should NOT be a repetition of material previously presented at preceding ESCBCs;
- Participants can apply to share their findings by giving a talk or presenting a poster (for a detailed description see: presentation types);
- Participants that applied for a short-talk presentation and have not been selected will still have the opportunity to be selected for a poster presentation (no need to re-submit an abstract).